Elite Direto XR Setup Help

General discussions on Elite trainers

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

geraldmkwong

Elite Direto XR Setup Help

Postby geraldmkwong » Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:17 am

Hi folks - hoping that someone can help me here with the setup of my Elite Direto XR. I just recently purchased this and am looking for help on installing my bike on the trainer.

For context, I have a 2013 Scott CR1 Team Bike with a quick release. I have already swapped the Elite Direto XR cassette from an 11 speed to a 10 speed and had the necessary spacers per the manual.

Here's the issue:
- On the left side, I placed the adapter and the spacer provided (labeled 1 and 2 on the picture)
Elite1.jpg
Elite1.jpg (54.29 KiB) Viewed 3576 times

- On the right cassette side, I tried placing the spacer provided per the manual but my bike won't fit with that spacer on the cassette. (labeled 3 on the picture)
Elite2.jpg
Elite2.jpg (50.27 KiB) Viewed 3576 times

- When I remove that spacer, it works fine but then the skewer sticks out, is that normal?
Elite3.jpg
Elite3.jpg (57.38 KiB) Viewed 3576 times

Not sure how other quick release bikes are setup but I'd like to see if I'm missing something here.

Thanks,
Gerald

david.gray5501

Re: Elite Direto XR Setup Help

Postby david.gray5501 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:10 pm

HI Gerald,

Looking at your picture the adapter for the drive side is wrong. If you check the quick setup leaflet you will see there are several different inserts for either quick release (yours) and what is known as a thru axle. The adapter you are holding has a threaded end which, according to the leaflet, is item F and that is for a thru axle setup. You need to use items E and D combined with the spacer item C, which needs to be threaded onto your quick release skewer. Item C will either be inside or outside the Non Drive Side dropout, as per diagram 6 on the quick setup leaflet. Even with the spacer in the skewer will stick out of the Drive Side a certain amount, so nothing wrong there.

Hope this helps.

KR

David

Return to “Trainers general discussion”