Elite Suito stuck on high resistance

General discussions on Elite trainers

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

markofurlani

Elite Suito stuck on high resistance

Postby markofurlani » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:03 pm

I've had my suito for just over a week and for the most part I love it. Today I was warming up for a Zwift race and everything was fine. Just as the race started, my resistance increased to what felt like maximum and it had not changed since. I have tried to reste, checked my ftp, deleted all the apps and reinstalled. Firmware is up to date and I think I tried almost everything, but no change. I will be in the lowest gear and it feels like I'm climbing a mountain, I can barely get 60w or 40rpm. In a gear where I can easily cruise at 2.5kw/h, I can't even reach 90. I'm very frustrated and I have no idea what to do now.

markofurlani

Re: Elite Suito stuck on high resistance

Postby markofurlani » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:17 pm

Bumping this up again, desperate for help!

peter_simmonds

Postby peter_simmonds » Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:40 pm

Are you using any sort of cycling computer alongside Zwift? I had some similar issues when I had Zwift and my Garmin running at the same time. They were trying to both control the resistance and, therefore, made life unbearable on the trainer.

rscottwatson

Postby rscottwatson » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:45 pm

We have the same problem. However no extra devices and the resistance is so high I barely get the pedals to turn. I’ve tried everything as well. Nothing works and no answer from support. I’ve seen countless posts about this but none of the workarounds work.

Hopefully someone has a solution

Thanks
Scott

Rixter

Postby Rixter » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:42 pm

I'm unfamiliar with the Suito, but there's a similar problem going on with the Direto X and XR. One thing I found, is that there can't be any competing Bluetooth apps/devices running. For example, I ensure that I have BT turned off on my iPhone, just so that no Garmin or MyElite app is conflicting in the background. I use Rouvy and Zwift so I had a problem a couple of times when Rouvy was minimized in the background on my laptop, but it was fighting with Bluetooth, same as Zwift. Finally, with Zwift I do not use Bluetooth on my Companion app, I rely on my laptop. Perhaps you have Apple TV or an iPad or something else nearby that's competing with the Bluetooth on Zwift. Not sure if any of this will help, but it has for me.

jlitteer

Postby jlitteer » Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:06 am

Having the same problem the brand new unit. I can barely turn the pedals in the 34-28 pushing over 400 watts. I have tried the calibration but even at level 1 I can still barely turn the pedals. Does anyone have a solution for this what seems to be a common problem?

alexisbrasseur01

Postby alexisbrasseur01 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:56 pm

Any news about this problem ? Do you guys have got answers ?

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:58 am

Hi guys

Usually this kind of issue is caused by a malfunctioning of the electronic circuit board, which for some reason is not able to move the magnets back.
The good news is that this issue can be solved easily by replacing the electronic board (which is an easy operation).

So, if you have this kind of issue, you have to contact our customer care:
https://support.elite-it.com/en/ticket
Specify the problem, the trainer model and its serial number

Regards

quero.olivier

Postby quero.olivier » Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:34 pm

Hello,

I'm having the same problem with the Elite Suito I bought back in february 2020. At first, it worked properly but gradually started going off (both power reported and resistance applied in zwift) after a few months of use. At first, I bought a powermeter to work around the problem and turned the trainer difficulty down on zwift but this trick does not work anymore as the trainer is often stuck on its highest resistance. Pushing 400W on 25RPM is not fun.
Even unplugging the trainer or repairing it to my iPad doesn't work. I also tried using My E-training with no success to solve this.

A few months ago, I contacted the Elite support to deal with those issues without success : they said it worked fine. Sent photos and all.
One thing's for sure : I won't make the mistake of buying another Elite product again !

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:03 pm

Hi quero.olivier

I see that you are already in contact with one of our technicians (the request is of a couple of days ago).
Please go on with it

Regards

Return to “Trainers general discussion”