Advice re Geared Hub please ....

General discussions on Elite trainers

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

derekn167

Advice re Geared Hub please ....

Postby derekn167 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:13 pm

Hello, I'm a Senior who would like a trainer for easy exercise. When I read Elite specs I see much about "quick release spindles" - does this mean that Elite Trainers only work with these spindles? My bike has a geared hub and what I might describe as an "axle which is a threaded bar with dome headed nuts at each end". Will my bike fit an Elite Trainer? If not, what might it fit? Thanks in advance of advice .....

derekn167

Re: Advice re Geared Hub please ....

Postby derekn167 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:00 pm

Have I asked a stupid question? Like going on a Football Forum and asking, "Can I be offside in my own half?; everybody knows the answer but nobody bothers to say, "NO".

I can't find the answer on the Elite Website.

Q: Can I use a bike with domed nuts on the rear wheel rather than a quick release spindle on Elite Trainers?

A: ?

Or is it a guarded secret known only to an elite fraternity?

Please ...

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:52 pm

Hi

The problem is that... it depends on the trainer and on the bike :)

For example, our old Turbo Muin was produced in two versions (one for thru axle bikes, one for normal bikes with quick release).
Our Direto trainers instead are compatible with both, and there's a special adapter in the box.
With our traditional trainers with frame, if you want to use a thru axle bike you need to purchase an extra accessory.

Also, there are some compatibility to check when you purchase a trainer.
The new Direto XR for example features a new structure which is perfect to house derailleurs with long cages that feature greater capacity on bigger 12-speed sprocket sets, while with other trainers a long derailleur may be a problem.

If you have any doubt, please contact the customer care at myetraining@elite-it.com adding the model of trainer and the model of bike, so we can check compatibility.

Regards

derekn167

Postby derekn167 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:59 pm

Thank you very much!

Return to “Trainers general discussion”