Run out of patience

General discussions on Elite trainers

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

bentley.bassett

Run out of patience

Postby bentley.bassett » Sun May 10, 2020 2:09 pm

Had my Drivo now for a couple of months. Despite getting some help from the Elite team I simply can't get the software to work properly. It's hugely tempramental. My other 2 platforms (Sufferfest and Bkool work fine all the time). The Etraining pedal analysis is awful - whilst I wanted another trainer I purchased the Drivo with 36 month subscription only to find out I had to pay an extra subscription for pedal analysis which barely works at all. The trainer is OK but certainly no better than my Cyclops Hammer. Don't think I would recommend it as a product and certainly not the software. Sorry about that as I was really looking forward to the platform and product.

sebrios

Re: Run out of patience

Postby sebrios » Mon May 11, 2020 3:31 am

I went for the drivo just because I loved the idea of having a pedal analysis.
But I also found:
1. You have to pay extra (I did..)
2. You can NOT use it as a complement to other platforms like Sufferfest, because the Pedal analysis doesn't "read" your pedaling, but also wants to control it. So it takes over the training plan... So don't bother. Save your money

Besides, Elite has TERRIBLE, AWFUL support on their products.
I bought my unit 3 years ago (more/less) with the promise that some issues were going to be solved in "a month or 2" with firmware update, and they have not released a single update... 3 years from that...and the trainer takes 7-12 seconds to change resistance, and pedal analysis is useless...

I also DO NOT recommend buying anything from Elite :(
I bet their new firmware will be called Drivo3. So your screwed

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Mon May 11, 2020 7:20 pm

Hi guys

I'm sorry for your unsatisfaction.

@bentley_bassett,

if you're not satisfied with pedal analisys you can ask a refund (pay attention, Apple store allow refunds only within 14 days).
But please also stay in contact with us, we always take into account about the complaint of our customers to improve our products.

@sebrios,

I'm sorry, some of our projects had some long delay in these months.
But please contact again our customer care. We have now Upgrado app, a new instrument to upload files, firmwares, parameter sets into trainers.
I'm sure that we'll be able to solve your reactivity issue.

About Pedal analysis, I'm sorry that we have not been able to add proper description on how it works.
As for Bentley, please contact our customer care and explain your dissatisfaction. And ask a refund if you don't like it.

Regards

sebrios

Postby sebrios » Thu May 14, 2020 8:18 pm

Oh, wow. Thanx for the answer. Its been a while since the last time a saw someone from Elite around this forum.

Thankfully there's the Upgrado software (took you over 3 years, but its ok) sadly, it's completely useless.

Can you confirm this trainer is up to date as stated by upgrado? :?
Attachments
Screenshot_20200514-131254.jpg
Screenshot_20200514-131254.jpg (127.99 KiB) Viewed 7736 times

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Fri May 15, 2020 11:02 am

Hi Sebrios

We have had quite a revolution in the customer care in the latest months :)
We applied a new method to be more responsive with our service, beginning with our main channels (emails and phone calls).
Then we worked on our social pages and finally... it's forum time ;)

But also, with the coronavirus emergency, we were not able to reply here (we had tons of emails and phone calls - believe me, you cannot imagine how many people has contacted us in that period!). Now the situation is getting better so I'm here again!
I'll try to answer also to older posts (at least the ones inserted in the latest couple of months) and then I'll promise to be more present during all the year.

About Upgrado, I didn't explain myself.
Not all the updates are available automatically in the app. Some of them (for example, the reactiveness parameter set or the double transmission ant/fe-c option) must be loaded manually through Upgrado app. Some updates are still under test, so we haven't released yet for all people; but if the tests are in an advanced phase, it's possible to give you the file and instructions. This was not possible before the release of Upgrado app.

So, in these cases, contact the customer care and ask if there's an update for that specific situation.

Regards

Return to “Trainers general discussion”