Suito - calibration

General discussions on Elite trainers

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

kentkkoch

Suito - calibration

Postby kentkkoch » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:59 pm

Hi there.

I can`t calibrate my Suito it fails every time.

Tryed via these prg:
E training
Wahoo Utility
Zwift
Bkool

It runs via Bluetooth on Windows 10

Any help out there?
Thanks
Kent

rohitbv

Re: Suito - calibration

Postby rohitbv » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:43 pm

Hello,

I have a issue with the spin down calibration on my new Suito trainer, I am unable to calibrate with the my-training app. i have been trying for a week from my laptop and Android mobile phone.

My mobile has Bluetooth 5.0, tried all the options.

If any body was successful please help.

Thanks and Regards
Rohit

jann-malte

Postby jann-malte » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:46 pm

Hey,

I have the exact same problem. The E-Training App won't recognize the Suito and Zwift just tells me to "keep peddeling" and won't stop. It just randomly configures the Watts so it's almost impossible to hold the 37kph and then really easy. But it won't tell me to stop doesn't matter how long I ride.

If someone has a fix or has already gotten an answer from the support, please help me aswell.

Best regards!

otcjb1

Postby otcjb1 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:08 pm

Hi,

I have the same problem. Finally got it to calibrate on the e-training app but took about four times and had to use my phone versus my ipad. Disconnected all Bluetooth devices. Won’t work on Zwift.

Noticed on the website for Elite there is no way to contact them directly.

ledmeister

Postby ledmeister » Tue May 12, 2020 1:29 pm

I had the same issue when using the android app. In the end I had to calibrate on an iPhone.

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Wed May 13, 2020 11:27 am

Hi guys

Regardless the model of trainer do you have, calibration is a function that requires a quite high frequency transmission data during the procedure.
This means that if connection is not good, it may fail.

So, first of all check to have a good connection (especially if you use bluetooth).
Try with different devices if you have, as one may be less sensible to interference than another.
Power off all the possible cause of interference during the calibration (other smartphone, tablets, Garmin/Wahoo devices...)

If still you are having issues with calibration, contact our customer care at myetraining@elite-it.com

Regards

senne.bonnaerens

Postby senne.bonnaerens » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:23 pm

Hi everyone

Normally I do not share my stories on a forum but as I experienced similar problems as you guys, and had quite some frustrations, I thought to give it a go and give you some tips that helped me when calibrating my Elite Suito trainer.

Yesterday my elite Suito-T arrived and I experienced the same problems. After about 2 hours of trying to calibrate the device (through the E training app, Zwift, etc.) and countless hours of research online, I gave up and I was quite frustrated it did not work.

However, I tried again today and what worked for me were the following steps:

- Update your phone and get the last update on the Upgrado app.
- Erase all other programs that are currently working on your phone.
- Shut down all other electronic devices that work on bluetooth (e.g. laptops, other phones, etc.)

- Then, I performed a warm-up of the system of about 10 minutes (a little bit longer).
- Next (and not earlier), I plugged in the Elite Suito trainer.
- I went straight to the My E training app, connected and performed the calibration.

At first, it did not work and it said: you did not reach the full speed, try again and accelerate to the speed indicated (or something like that). Next, I tried again and increased my speed more compared to what the instruction said. I immediately received the message, stop pedaling and wait for instructions, and 10 sec's after it was finished.

So I do not know if this will help, but this "order of action" helped me to calibrate the trainer!

I hope it also works for you guys, as again, I was very frustrated that it took this much time (and I found extremely little help from the Elite camp)!

All the best
Senne

jk.chik

Postby jk.chik » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:58 am

This what is working for me with my Suito (your mileage may vary!).

The issue seems to be interference with the Bluetooth connection. When I calibrate my Suito, I turn off all Bluetooth devices in the vicinity except for what I am using to calibrate the training. Once you start the calibration routine, if the message on the app says pedal faster without telling you that you need to get over 30 km/h, you have a bad Bluetooth connection (i.e. interference). You should stop the calibration and restart. Perhaps you could move your device closer to the trainer itself or you may have to use a different device. From what I understand, calibration requires a very high rate of data transfer. The other training modes only seem to record a data point per second. So you can have many Bluetooth devices run in those situations (i.e. headphones etc...).

What would be nice (in addition to generally improving the software) is simply entering the spindown number from one device to other devices to avoid having to a calibration for every device (or each person if you have multiple users). Hope this helps.

Jajsparrow

Postby Jajsparrow » Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:34 pm

Having the same trouble but with a direto XR. I've had it a couple of days and haven't been able to calibrate the unit yet. I've tried turning off everything bluetooth, the Upgrado app says the direto is up to date, I'm warming up thoroughly etc etc. I try to calibrate, get It up to speed pretty quickly and then stop peddling as the instructions say, then after a long wait (much longer than it takes the free hub to stop) I get the fail message.

Any help from Elite would be great.

gleaney

Postby gleaney » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:34 am

Hi there. Did you guys get sorted with the calibration? I’m having the same issues with a Direto. I do the run up then do the calibration and I get the calibration failed message. I’ve tried the test on two different iPads an iPhone a Mac book air and two different android phones. I’ve also tried using Bluetooth and ANT+. The firmware is also up to date using the Upgrado app.
The People at Elite told me to down load an app on android called. BLE FTMS through google play. I did. And the app just crashed !
Any help would be greatly appreciated as I’m running out of ideas. Thanks.

Return to “Trainers general discussion”