New Elite novo smart trainer

General discussions on Elite trainers

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

derrycolins10

New Elite novo smart trainer

Postby derrycolins10 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:19 pm

Hi.. I bought a novo smart trainer two days ago. I purchased this because
I had a tacx trainer and it was rubbish always giving trouble..
I started to use the novo but I have found that when your just cycling away
that it's not giving me enough resistance on the flat.. I'm in the big ring
on the smallest gear possible but I can't put out the power.. There doesn't
seem to be enough resistance my cadance is gone to high.. Can anyone help me..

paull19469

Re: New Elite novo smart trainer

Postby paull19469 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:51 pm

Hi Derry
Is your adjustable resistance working? I bought one of these last week to replace an Elite Mag trainer. To be fair I have only done one 45 minute session on it. I was in my big ring front 50t and about cog 6 or 7 on the rear so circa 14/16t and didn't adjust the bike gears at all. 10 mins warm up notional 3 out of 6 effort spinning at circa 100 cadence with the resistance set at 2. I then did 7 reps of varying lengths but all around 1 min 20 seconds at a notional 5 out of 6 effort by cranking the resistance on the trainer up to 10 - if the charts are right I was producing circa 250w for each effort. I then did 3 short sprint efforts notional 6 out of 6 all out effort - again cranking the resistance up to 10 and got to output circa 350w for 20 seconds :D I don't know if this is good or if i'm not very powerful but I suspect I am not going to be able to keep the pedals turning for long if I stay in these gears on the bike and crank the resistance up to max level 16!!! I'll update you when I next get on it.

Return to “Trainers general discussion”