Bike Won't Fit??

General discussions on Elite trainers

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

geralltmp

Bike Won't Fit??

Postby geralltmp » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:57 pm

I've just purchased a KURA and can't seem to fit my road bike onto the trainer? The chain-stay on the opposite side to the drive-train won't sit properly because the plastic casing of the trainer is in the way, am I doing something completely wrong or is the trainer simply incompatible with my bike? The bike is a BMC Granfondo GF01 Disk. I can fit my mountain bike onto it but I purchased the trainer for use with the road bike :(
Any advice much appreciated.
Cheers
Gerallt

Elite Admin S

Re: Bike Won't Fit??

Postby Elite Admin S » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:10 am

Hi Gerallt

Kura is compatible with bikes with 130-135 x 5 mm hubs with quick clamping system and 142x12 with thru-axle.
Please check the hub dimension to see if it is compatible.

Regards

wlsr9

Postby wlsr9 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:39 pm

I have the same problem with DRIVO and my TT bike. If I raise the front wheel by about 6 inches then it just about fits but of course the bike is not horizontal. Ive wondered but not yet tried it if you raise the rear end of the Drivo by sitting it on blocks this will angle the casing down and make the bike more Horizontal. What do you think?

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:10 am

Hi

Please send a photo of the configuration you'd like to use at real@elite-it.com so we can evaluate if it is compatible with the trainer.

Regards

micheledisalvia

Postby micheledisalvia » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:47 pm

Hallo,

the photo will immediately explain the situation. I´m trying to use a hometrainer Force with a BMC SLR02. But you can immediately see that the frame of the bike is so tight to the quick release that there is no chance to close the fixing lever. If I press the lever, then the metallic extremity would press its force on the frame with risk of damaging it. Did anyone encountered this problem? Do you have any suggestion on how to fix this issue? Thanks
Attachments
Picture1.jpg
bike does not fit
Picture1.jpg (153.66 KiB) Viewed 7499 times

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:17 am

Please use the quick release included with the trainer.
Also, use a spacer/washer on the other side and let me know if you're able to fix it

Regards

micheledisalvia

Postby micheledisalvia » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:26 pm

Elite Admin S wrote:Please use the quick release included with the trainer.
Also, use a spacer/washer on the other side and let me know if you're able to fix it

Regards

Hallo,
I have used a couple of washer and this is the final results. Now I´m wondering if this configuration is fine in terms of force load on the frame of the bike. The level closes, so it looks like it should be, but I´m not an expert, hence I´m just worried my bike. Any thoughts?
Attachments
picture b.jpg
picture b.jpg (156 KiB) Viewed 7447 times

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:13 am

Hi

If all is well fixed there won't be any problem don't worry!

Regards

SophiaDJames

Postby SophiaDJames » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:25 am

I have bmc granfondo gf02 same problem i faced when i buy it from halloween coupon codes i can't understand how to fixe it but one of my friend are sort out my problem, he's working on buying and selling bike company i am buy this bike just for fitness.

Return to “Trainers general discussion”