Horrible Warranty

General discussions on Elite trainers

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

molina_mike

Horrible Warranty

Postby molina_mike » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:24 pm

Beware of Elite's Support and warranty!!! I've been working with Elite on a resistance issue I have with my Direto. It is still under warranty but outside of the return policy. It's been working fine until recently. Their answer to the problem was "pedaling coordination". Mind you I've been pedaling the same and it was working without issue for months until recently. Which you can see on this forum,and on Elite's forum, that this is a known issue with a number of their trainers. When I asked them about a warranty repair they REFUSED and told me I needed to go to Amazon (where I bought it) and have them do the warranty repair for me. What kind of support is that? So I now have a trainer that isn't working properly, still under warranty, and the manufacture WILL NOT support or warranty it and it's too late to get my money back!!

Elite Admin S

Re: Horrible Warranty

Postby Elite Admin S » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:39 pm

Hi Mike

As our technicians have told you already:

The EU laws 1999/44/CE art. 5 all the warranty replacement and connected issue must be handled directly by the seller not from the producer
In this case the seller is Amazon so you must directly to them

As the trainer is under warranty, if it has an issue you have the right to have a repair/replacement/refund, but you have to procede through the vendor. I'm sorry but this is how the law works. Contact Amazon, they will manage the situation.

Regards

Return to “Trainers general discussion”