Cadence jumping all over the place

General discussions on Elite trainers

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

alan.cheville

Cadence jumping all over the place

Postby alan.cheville » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:36 pm

I have a Direto and after about a month of using the trainer on Zwift I am noticing that every once in awhile the cadence will jump from 70 or 80 (my pace) to around 125 or 170 for a few seconds then settle back down. I am connected through ANT+ and the unit was recently calibrated.

Any ideas on how to fix this or contact service? When I go to the Elite web site I keep getting 404 errors on most English pages I try to get to.

Thanks.

Elite Admin S

Re: Cadence jumping all over the place

Postby Elite Admin S » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:35 pm

Our trainers use a special algorithm that calculate cadence from the microvariations of speed that happens when you give a pedal stroke (sensorless cadence). This system works quite well and give a good approximation in standard conditions (smooth pedaling, not too high cadence, not too low power, chain well tensed...)

But if you need a precise cadence, we suggest to use an external wireless cadence sensor or our wired sensor (cheaper solution):
https://www.shopelite-it.com/en/spare-p ... sensor-kit

perry.jones6

Re: Cadence jumping all over the place

Postby perry.jones6 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:04 pm

Cadence is all over the place tried to buy a wired elite sensor but cannot website does not work. I have to join but will not accept new user

Return to “Trainers general discussion”