Bike Won't Fit??

Choose your ideal trainer

Moderators: Elite Admin S, Elite Admin M

geralltmp

Bike Won't Fit??

Postby geralltmp » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:57 pm

I've just purchased a KURA and can't seem to fit my road bike onto the trainer? The chain-stay on the opposite side to the drive-train won't sit properly because the plastic casing of the trainer is in the way, am I doing something completely wrong or is the trainer simply incompatible with my bike? The bike is a BMC Granfondo GF01 Disk. I can fit my mountain bike onto it but I purchased the trainer for use with the road bike :(
Any advice much appreciated.
Cheers
Gerallt

Elite Admin S

Re: Bike Won't Fit??

Postby Elite Admin S » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:10 am

Hi Gerallt

Kura is compatible with bikes with 130-135 x 5 mm hubs with quick clamping system and 142x12 with thru-axle.
Please check the hub dimension to see if it is compatible.

Regards

wlsr9

Postby wlsr9 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:39 pm

I have the same problem with DRIVO and my TT bike. If I raise the front wheel by about 6 inches then it just about fits but of course the bike is not horizontal. Ive wondered but not yet tried it if you raise the rear end of the Drivo by sitting it on blocks this will angle the casing down and make the bike more Horizontal. What do you think?

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:10 am

Hi

Please send a photo of the configuration you'd like to use at real@elite-it.com so we can evaluate if it is compatible with the trainer.

Regards

Return to “Trainers general discussion”